Are you looking to progress your Engineering role within a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind)?
Our client is looking to expand its Engineering department due to the award one of the world’s largest offshore wind projects and other future projects. We are currently seeking engineers at all levels to work for a high demanding and dynamic organisation. Our clients office is based in Stokesley, Middlesbrough.
Your responsibilities will vary due to your position ranging from Engineer to Lead Senior Engineer level. Primary responsibilities are to work within a project team conducting studies and making technical evaluations all subject to approval, considering the client's wishes and in line with statutory norms and standards.
Duties to include:
• Contribute to finding efficient and effective methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components
• Being able to come up with concept designs of tools and equipment for transport and installation of the components
• Being able to review detailed designs of tools and equipment for the transportation and installation of the components to current design codes
• Developing operational plans with respect to vessel arrangements, lifting plans, vessel positioning, etc
• Contributing to standardisation and optimisation of work processes Job requirements
All Engineering positions require a pro-active, decisive and result driven person who can manage challenging projects in a structured way. A creative thinker with strong communication skills to effectively work in a team on multiple projects, together with:
• A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore engineering degree, or equivalent
• Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations
• Proven experience within a structural design environment providing:
• Detailed design and engineering of structures.
• Solutions to project deliverables.
• Able to produce structural calculations by hand and computer to current design codes.
• Installation engineering of e.g. deck layout, lift & rigging plans, operational procedures.
• Able to offer technical support and advice during the project execution phase.
• Knowledge of 3D / FEA software, i.e. Inventor and Ansys.